A: Several reasons, for both you and your facilities, including:
• Pharmacy staff doesn’t have end-of-the-month maintenance and production crunch issues associated with printed paper forms.
• Pharmacy doesn’t bear the recurring expenses related to purchasing forms, as well as maintenance of printer equipment and associated supplies.
• PO, MAR, Treatment and Flow records are always current to-the-moment.
• Reduced chance of error in care delivery because new order entry automatically updates the MAR, Treatment, and Flow records.
• Facility nursing staff doesn’t have time-consuming end-of-the-month review of printed paper forms, including filing in charts.
• Facility nursing staff can generate their own reports, instead of pharmacy staff doing it.